For Immediate Release
The Corey Avenue Business District Hosts Locals Appreciation Month with 30 Days of Fun and Savings
St. Pete Beach— 8/31/2020 — The businesses of the Corey Avenue Business District is pleased to announce a September event filled with 30 days of in store-specials and fun. Businesses are inviting people, in keeping with CDC guidelines, to enjoy the vibrant energy of the beach shopping and dining area with a host of activities throughout the month of September geared at thanking locals for their support.
The Corey Avenue Business District encourages people to shop local for the benefit of area businesses. Experts estimate that small businesses generate $68 of local economic return for every $100 spent with them. In fact, over $9.3 billion would be returned to the US economy if every family spent just $10 a month at a local business. At nearly 5,000 households in St. Pete Beach, an investment of $10 a month could equate to $400,000 a year of local economic return for St. Pete Beach through residents alone.
Events Committee Chair of the Corey Avenue Business District, Elizabeth Nowak, said, “This year has been something none of us anticipated or faced before, even the businesses that have been here 40 years. We’ve always been an area that enjoys serving visitors but it’s our locals who truly make a difference in our ability to serve the community. 2020 has seen an outpouring of local support. When tourism and travel were limited this year, local support was wonderful. We are so appreciative for this and want to give something back. 2020 has been hard on all of us— Corey Avenue Business District businesses and beyond—so we brainstormed a month’s worth of fun, festivities, and savings aimed at saying thank you for shopping local. One of the things that is so magical about Corey Avenue is how unique our member businesses are. They have come up with some exciting ways to say thank you to our wonderful community.”
The Corey Avenue Business District has created a few theme weeks to add to the enjoyment and thank locals for their support. The “week” begins on Thursday and ends the following Wednesday. First Thursday of the month kicks it off.
Weekly themes include:
- Wk 1 (9/3-9/9): First Responders/Patriotic theme
- Wk 2: (9/10-9/16) St. Pete Beach residents and city staff/elected officials
- Wk 3: (9/17-9/23) Pride Appreciation Week
- Wk 4: (9/24-9/30) Fashion and local artists/makers Appreciation Week
Member businesses are free to create their own contests, discounts, events, and entertainment to celebrate and thank local customers. The Corey Avenue Business District Facebook page will keep visitors up-to-date with the celebrations scheduled including:
Elizabeth’s Boutique 350 Corey Ave. (727) 254-9526
- 20% off regular priced merchandise
- Free gift wrap
- Wine tasting and shopping
$10 Jewelry Grab Bags with a guaranteed $50 value (3 pcs of jewelry)
- Sept 27- Last Sunday of event will feature live “mannequins” walking Corey Avenue
Shaded Keg-348 Corey Ave. (727) 289-9902
- Week 1 – LABOR DAY WEEK
- Tuesday the 1st: Military 10% discount
- Wednesday the 2nd: First Responders with ID receive their 1st Drink FREE
- Thursday the 3rd: Open Mic
- Friday the 4th: Chic
- Saturday the 5th: First Responders with ID will receive a FREE SHOT of Big Red Cinnamon Whisky
- Sunday: Drag Bingo Fundraiser benefiting “Kind Mouse”
- Week 2
- Wednesday: First Miller Lite FREE for Residents of St. Pete Beach 5-7.
- Week 3
- LGBTQ+ Artwork on sale and display. Vendors will be present throughout the week. Live performances scheduled.
- Week 4
- Fashion performance along with collaboration of artists including local craft vendors.
Annabels- 347 Corey Ave.
- Annabels will offer 20% off storewide for the month of Septembe
Coastal Cottage-300 Corey Ave.
- Coastal Cottage is hosting its 2nd Anniversary Celebration in conjunction with CABA’s customer appreciation month.
Lemon Tree Spa-7395 Corey Ave.
- All locals receive 10% off any service (excluding already discounted packages).
- $150 off Microblading and/or Microshading.
Sail Market(ing)- 429 Corey Ave.
- Opening its doors September 1 (by appointment only due to COVID 19 and small space). This new business brings the “boutique” to boutique marketing agency. Not only does it offer full-scale marketing services, it also features a fun line of clothing and accessories with a message. Guests can visit Sail’s Facebook page for specials and offerings for Locals Appreciation Month.
Simply Perfect Gifts
- Simply Perfect Gifts is hosting a “Dance for your discount” at 6 on 9/24. This exciting event will certainly be entertaining and economical.
Corey Avenue Business District members are looking forward to thanking locals for their support this year. Dr. Lynn Walker, owner of the Shaded Keg, admits that since she opened her business last summer there have been a few tough challenges with renovation, road construction, and COVID-19. But she found a way to pivot with the help of the city and expanded her footprint through newly-created outdoor space. She was excited when she heard about Locals Appreciation Month and wanted to make sure that everyone felt welcome and appreciated. She said, “Our businesses have struggled this year with COVID-19 but so have many people who enjoy coming to our area. Many events were cancelled. I know how people look forward all year to our events and festivals. That’s why I wanted to see us embrace Pride Week as part of our locals appreciation efforts. People may not have been able to enjoy the usual June event this year, but we could do our best to ensure they felt a special thank you and acknowledgement.”
Locals Appreciation Month is evolving. The most current information and participating businesses can be found on The Corey Avenue Business District’s Facebook page.
About Corey Avenue Business District
The Corey Avenue Business District is one of two historic business districts in St. Pete Beach, Florida. The members of the association include boutiques, art galleries, hair salons and spas, restaurants, bars, real estate, and service businesses. These businesses are locally-owned and operated and offer a full day of entertainment and things to do.
For more information contact: Sarah Laracuente Sarah@SailMktg.com 727-324-7461